Mass on the Grass
No more than 25 of us shall gather on the Christ Church lawn for Holy Eucharist.
What you need to know if you plan to attend:
1. Book your slot no later than Friday morning using the registration form below. You can also email us at moc.liamg@0181hcruhctsirhc or leave a voicemail at the church phone number.
2. Bring with you:
— lawn chair (none provided by the church)
— hand sanitizer if you wish
— each household unit will sit 6 feet apart and keep masks on.
— worship leaders will wear masks and use microphones.
— you will receive a consecrated wafer from a worship leader but consume it at your seat.
— if you park at Metrocenter, keep your ticket!! You will need it to get out.
— Someone will assist you in exiting the parking if you need help, Metrocenter has a new system. All will need to get a ticket on entering the lot, receive a ticket to park free from an usher, and will need both tickets to exit.
For those who wish to attend Mass on the Grass please see the following protocol with further guidelines and instructions.
1. Prior to gathering outdoors, even though only a small portion of the Church building will be allowed use of restrooms, the entire Church building will be cleaned. This includes bathrooms, doorknobs, light switches, and stair railings.
2. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 degrees or above or is not feeling well must not attend. Those who are in a vulnerable population should be aware of the inherent risk of attending any in person gathering.
3. Those wishing to sit must bring their own lawn chairs. No chairs will be available from the Church;.
4. Prior to anyone entering the space provided for gathering together, their temperature will be taken by an usher. A non-contact device will be used;
5. Everyone must provide their full name, phone number, and email address in a log book which will be provided.
6. Everyone, including clergy, must wear masks covering the nose and mouth at all times when on Church property.
7. At least six (6) feet of distance (in all directions) must be maintained between household groups at all times.
8. Ushers shall be trained to assist individuals in maintaining 6 feet of distance.
9. Signs will be posted and announcements will be made about non-contact greetings, including no shaking hands or hugging, wearing masks, maintaining social distancing to the extent possible, and reminders will be given.
10. Hand sanitizers and paper towels will be available. Everyone must use them when entering and leaving the worship space.
11. No prayer books or hymnals will be available. A paper copy of the service will be distributed before the service.
12. No singing shall occur. Instrumental and prerecorded music is permitted.
13. Everyone must remain in place for the passing of the peace.
14. The Eucharist will be celebrated and Communion will be distributed in one kind only, the Bread. The celebrant will use hand sanitizer immediately before and after celebrating the eucharist and immediately before and after distributing the bread. The celebrant shall maintain physical distance from the worshippers to the extent possible during the distribution of communion. Tongs or disposable cups or plates may be used to reduce physical contact;. Communicants must keep their masks on when receiving communion. Each communicant must return to their seat/place before removing their mask briefly to consume the host. Communicants must use hand sanitizer immediately before and after receiving communion.
15. Restrooms will be available but only at the designated locations within the Church. Only one person at a time will be allowed into the Church to use the restroom. An usher will be at the entrance to the Church to admit each person into the building. Disinfecting wipes will be available and must be used to clean the bathroom’surfaces by the person using the bathroom.
16. A collection plate will be available for those wishing to make an offering.
17. In person gatherings after the worship service are prohibited.
18. Door handles and other common surfaces along the passage way to the restrooms will be disinfected before and after each gathering.